Thursday, April 8, 2021

Today feels weird: The day after: Brad returns home




Today still feels weird. 

Woke up, this morning, with my mind, stayed on Jesus and the fact, my house was still super quiet. No waking up to Brad hitting the walls, doors, and windows. The tv was not turned to Jerry Springer, Paternity Court, or Couples Court. I used to wake up to the news (miss you Eye Opener, Morning Dose, and Newsfix), but now couple drama. 

I, first, woke up at 3 am, out of habit, and rolled back over and went to sleep, after putting my phone, on the charger. It was nice, getting up at 520 am, feeling semi-refreshed, without having to find ways to keep Brad calm for hours, after we both wake up. 

Kalen was calmer too, even though he hit the walls, when he was stretching out. Kalen was also calmer walking to the bus stop, waiting, and while getting on the bus. It was nice not having to try to keep Brad stationed, in one section, away from the other little kids, while waiting for the bus. No trying to keep him from eloping and trying to walk off to the store. No getting hit, pushed, and kicked when I try to stop him. No getting spit on, this morning. 

Yet, I need to know that he did good, last night. That he didn't hit the residential home's doors, windows, and walls. That he didn't wake the staff up between 2-4 am. That he didn't run off and try to elope to the park or some other place, near by. Will he be a fit for a group home, once he is eligible to attend, after the paperwork is done? Will his behavior change, for the better, once he gets back home or will he seriously need residential placement, a few months to a few years from now?

I don't have all the answers. 

Update: 

The home called, this morning, and said Brad sat on the couch, all night long, holding his bag, watching tv.  He never went into the bedroom. He went to the bathroom, a few times, but didn't finish the job. He only slept for 30 minutes, the entire day. 

Update Part Two: 

Brad never ate anything. He also started screaming. I told them, they can give him, an extra Thorazine, to help calm him down. They didn't know he had meds and his meds was in the bag, he would not let him touch, along with snacks and diapers. If he held his bag, all night, then I assume he didn't take meds AND/OR sat in the same diaper, all night long and part of his morning. 

He also continued to elope, with one successful attempt outside, where he stood on the porch and stared at the sun. Finally, he put a hole in their wall and they brought him home, shortly after Kalen got home. Kalen will also miss another day of school because he started coughing again and was lethargic. On a good note, he hugged his teacher. I contacted his pediatrician to see what he recommends to get rid of the cough so Kalen can go back to school, Monday. Kalen hasn't coughed once, since he got home. Kalen has been playing with his kitchen set, dancing, and eating. 5:19 pm, he did finally cough. 

Once Brad was in the house, he had a soiled diaper, waiting for me, but he didn't scream when I was cleaning him. I made his bed, after realizing I had clean, backup sheets (I took his old sheets off his bed, to wash them, while he was gone but wasn't expecting maintenance to show up. I run the portable washer hose through the toilet to drain.) I do have a new tub, today. They found one leak behind the tub wall, but I still have a leak from the faucet and walls. I have to contact apt maintenance again. I assumed the plumber was a part of apartment maintenance but he was outsourced through the main owners to fix another leak in the apartment behind me and wanted to check my bathroom as well. 

Brad proceeded to turn on the tv and lay down for the day. He did eat a fruit cup, in addition to drinking some chocolate milk and apple juice. Hopefully, he sleeps through the night, since he didn't sleep any yesterday and part of today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie