Thursday, March 18, 2021

RecordCast Review (Pearl Mountain Technology)



I reviewed RecordCast, in exchange for honest review from Pearl Mountain Technology. Recordcast is a screen sharing, website, which lets you record your screen, Chrome tabs,  and applications. The website also has a built in editor to edit your footage. 

I am a visual person. I also have people, coming to me, for help, with different things. Screen sharing has helped me do tutorials for Microsoft Office; Google Docs; and help me create tutorials for blogging and social media. Maybe someone wants to learn how to create a blog or use Facebook's publishing tools to share (or edit) to Instagram and Facebook. It is hard for me to explain things, at times, and screen sharing, allows me to be more clearer. I definitely don't want to overwhelm people, but I know I do.  

One interesting feature, I recently discovered was it site saves your footage, after usage, if you are logged in. I started using RecordCast, a few months ago, with a simple Google tutorial, but then my computer cracked. I thought I lost the footage, but when my computer was fixed, a few months later, the footage was still there. 

I also discovered, you can record additional footage, while in the editor, to add on additional video. You also can add pre-recorded media and photos. You can use RecordCast as a regular editor as well for your photos and videos without doing a screen recording. 

I also thought about using RecordCast, as a backup to recording my mother's bible studies. The last time, she had a session, I had to use both my phone and kindle to record. I ran out of storage on the phone and had to swap over to the kindle to finish recording. Zoom would not let me record because I don't have a paid account, so I was at a lost how to record, with various issues, popping up. 

I did do a test session with Zoom, solo, to see if it would record, and it did. I also tried Hangouts meets, as well, and it recorded the screen. 

The Editor

The editor allows you to edit footage, in addition to adding text, background changes, and other elements. You also can add overlays for text and decoration. I did have issues with some of the elements. For example, I tried to add one of the Youtube logos and Facebook logos to the end screen. The background cut most of the logo off. I re-did the frame with a different background and adjusted colors. I still had the same issue with the cut-off logos. The purple IG logo did appear fully though. You just have to experiment and figure out what works best for your project. I tried adding other images and some worked well and some had to be resized. 

I did end up finding a Facebook and Youtube logo, which wasn't cut off. The ones with the lighting symbol was the ones, I was having issues with. After some experimenting, I discovered the images, with lighting symbols, appear in playback, for a short period, across the screen. 


RecordCast has static and animated images. 


Once you are done, you can export your project into a 480, 720, and 1080 formats. It does take a minute to export your final files. 




I recommend RecordCast for screen sharing and editing. Let me know what you think. 

Stacie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie