Saturday, March 1, 2014

Now Novel Novel Writing Course Review (Tomoson)

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I reviewed the Now Novel Novel Writing Course, in response to a campaign on Tomoson. I received a 3 month subscription for participation.

Why I wanted to Review the Course?


I wanted to review the course because I am an author (poet and short stories), but I never written a novel. I had people ask if I would write one, but I believe I lack the fundamentals and structure. I even tried NaNoWriMo, but turned the story into a published short story. I am also working on Never Argue 2014, another diary-type book about raising special needs kids.


About Now Novel

Now Novel helps you write a novel, by providing the steps and tools needed to succeed. 







Some of the tools include:
  1. A checklist, showing your progress
  2. A progress completed bar
  3. A scribble pad to jot down ideas
  4. Expert Guides
  5. A downloadable novel blue pint
  6. Critiques
  7. The deadline countdown. Set your hours you need to write your novel and the site will tell you how long will it take. For example, I said I can devote 1 to 6 hours per week to write a book. My novel will be completed in May 2015. 
  8. a downloadable guide of writing a novel from A to Z. 
I am still learning the site. I created my profile and started jotting down ideas for a future novel. My ideas include focusing on the special needs.  I like the navigation and functionality of the site. Now Novel is easy to use. 

I also love the mood creator. The mood creator allows you to create the mood of your novel. How do the characters feel? You can create the mood in 9 steps. Some of the steps include:

  1. Word choice and sentence structure
  2. Story build-up (slow or with a bang)
  3. Weather
  4. Upload images to help set the scene
  5. Time of Day your novel starts. 
  6. Sensory details

Pricing

Now Novel offers three plans: The DIY Writer, The Aspiring Novelist, and The experienced writer. 



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie