Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Power of the Word Book Review (Tomoson)

I read The Power of the Word, The island of empathy, in exchange for review from Tomoson. The book was written by Suzy Liebermann and published by Happy Language Kids, LLC. This book is part of the Hugo the Happy Starfish series.This post does contain affiliate images

My Review:

I love Hugo The Happy Starfish. His books teach kids about friendship, happiness, and various emotions. The books are a quick read and my kids love the books. The book is about Hugo, who wants to travel to the real world., but ran into trouble. As soon as he touched the surface of the water, a bunch of arrows started flying at him. The arrows did not hurt and Hugo still felt welcomed. But, he learned he was not in the real world, but the island of empathy. The premise was words can feel like arrows. If they are good words, then they can not hurt you. On the other hand, if the words are bad, then they can sting and hurt. The book teaches kids (and adults) to watch their tongue. Once the words leave the surface of your mouth, you can not take them back. The damage is already done. The book  also teaches about empathy. According to the book, empathy is remembering that you should not do anything to others, that you wouldn't want them to do to you. I liked reading the book. 

The book is currently 5.99 on Amazon.







I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie