Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Coaster by Lorena Bathey

I read Coaster by Lorena Bathey, in exchange for honest review from Tomoson. I received a paperback version of the book.

The book is about a bomb exploding at an amusement park, in which 8 people are killed on the coaster. The book started out with the park, being peaceful, silent, and not open yet. A man was watching the park from above, waiting for disaster to ensue. He was prepared to watch, with a beer, lawn chair, and binoculars. He is wearing camouflage. He also used an automatic detonator so he wouldn't have to push anything and just watch.

The first family to enter the park was Rachael, husband Mitch, daughter, and son. You also have a set of teenagers, girls, waiting in line, ahead of Rachael and Mitch. The book progresses into a brief bio of some more of the park's guests and employees. Some of the mentioned guests was on the ride at the same time, when the bomb went off (p. 37). Death. 22 injured, 14 dead. The 8 people, who was on the coaster, plus 6 more, who was trampled in the aftermath.  Powerful scene. One minute, people were excited. Some were scared to ride the new coaster, and in the next, explosion and death. The bomber was ecstatic, exhilarated, and happy the explosion had gone off without a hitch.  The ride mechanic may take the fall for the accident, since he did the walk through before the park opened. Then, you go into the grief the families feel and the mechanic trying to get good representation.

The book was a good read. It was also hard to read.  I have read Lorena's books before, but this one was from a different cloth. I loved the X. I loved House on Plunkett Street. I loved Coaster.

Social Media


Facebook Fan Page

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie