Sunday, July 7, 2013

Amana Microwaves Review

Search and hire bloggers - Blogdash The blogger Outreach NetworkAmana

I am reviewing Amana Microwaves, in exchange for honest review from BlogDash. I am being compensated for this post.

I do not currently have an Amana Microwave, the house has an Oster. So, I had to do some research about Amana from the perspective, that we needed a new one. I looked at price, features, dimensions, design, and colors.

1.6 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave
AMC2166AS  
I noticed 4 microwaves on Amana's website. 1 was an over the top microwave and the other three was countertops. The over the top was eliminated because we don't have an over-the-top set-up, which left these three.

Price: Two of the microwaves are over 200 and one is almost 200 dollars. From a price standpoint, I would not buy any of the three.
1.6 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave with Sensor Cooking
AMC2165AB  

Features, Dimensions and Design: All features are essentially the same, with the exception of the UMC516AS, which has an quick touch button for frozen entrees. All the microwaves can:

  • Defrost Fish and Poultry
  • Have 10 power levels
  • Quick touch button for fresh veggies, frozen veggies, and beverages
  • Defrost meat


All dimensions are equal. 42 lbs. Depth. 17 1/4 inches. Height: 13 inches. Width: 21 3/4 inches. Design is also essentially the same. Electronic. LED. Clock can be set. 5 beeps at the end of each cycle.

1.6 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave Oven
UMC5165AS  
Colors: The AMC2166AS and the UMC5165AS   come in Stainless Steel. The UMC5165AS and the AMC2165AB come in Black and White.

Conclusion: After looking at the Amana Website, I am still undecided on which I would buy. If I had to choose, it would be the cheapest one for $189, AMC2165ABEverything is basically the same.  The One feature, a few of the appliances I have at home (washer, dryer, microwave), is the child-lock feature, which keeps my oldest from messing anything up. I did not see the feature on any of the microwaves on Amana's website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie