Tuesday, May 7, 2013

BryBelly Cards and Dice review

I reviewed 12 Red Deck Pinochle Cards  and 7 die polyhedral dice set, in exchange for review from Brybelly.com.

First, I never heard of Pinochle before, except on the Bill Cosby Show. I had to google how to play the game.I can play a mean game of solitaire, crazy eights, speed, and go fish, but I do not have a lot of familiarity with the social games, such as Poker, Spades, and BlackJack. I wanted to learn more about Pinochle.  My mother also had some knowledge on the game. The family attempted to play a few rounds of Pinochle and had fun doing so. One thing, which was cool, was the Pinochle card decks is not the same as a standard, 52 card deck. The Pinochle deck has the King, Queen, Jack, Ace, 10, and 9. Each pack is 48 cards. There are 8 Kings, 8 Queens, 8  Jacks, 8 10's, 8 9's, and 8 Aces I am still learning how to play the game. I also incorporated some of the cards into my son's homeschool curriculum.

The cards cost 16.47 on Amazon for the entire, 12 deck set.

Next, Brybelly sent me the 7 die polyhedral dice set. The dice are black with white font.  Each set comes with a one 4-sided die; one 6-sided die; 1 8 sided die; 2 1-sided die; one 12-sided die, and 1 20-sided die (copied from Amazon). The dice have easy-to-read numbers, in addition to a velvet pouch for storage. The dice are easy to pick up (My two year old had fun rolling them around the house). The dice can be used for multiple purposes--homeschool or games or events.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie