Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Step 1 Basic Foundation for Lettering Course Review (Tomoson)





I received free access to Letter Create Studio's  Step 1: Basic Foundation for Lettering Course, in exchange for honest review from Tomoson. I thought it would be an interesting course to take during the quarantine. I bought some drawing pads, earlier this month. This would be a great way to utilize them with some gel pens or paints or water color markers. I also have color pencils and mechanical pencils.




I did have issues with navigation with the first block. I thought videos would play but the first few lessons was text-based. I liked how the instructor went over the fundamentals first before diving into the meat of the lesson. She also discussed what materials to use, which included brush pens and mechanical pencils, which I have.

She then discussed the seven neighborhoods--letter groupings, based on shape in the fundamentals section. You have to mark the first lesson as complete (there is no information) to move into the neighborhoods lessons. Some of the neighbor hoods include:


  • U-shaped neighborhood
  • N neighborhood
  • A neighborhood
The instructor discusses working on and mastering each neighborhood versus trying to write all 26 letters at the same time. I liked the lessons. The instructor made the material easy to understand. She showed how to do each stroke for each letter. My drawing pads and markers have found a new activity. 

You can check out step 1 or step 2 of the course, on Letter Create Studio's website. 

Social Media:

Facebook:
Twitter:
Instagram: 
Pinterest:

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie