Sunday, July 7, 2019

Leave them alone and let me pee




















Every now and then, I have to take my two, special needs male children, who are somewhat behaved, out in public. Every now and then, I have to go potty or take Kalen to potty.

Since my kids are wanderers, I bring them into the female bathroom with me. I'm not leaving them unattended in the hallways.

Today, at church, a woman asked if Brad can stand in the hallway. A few weeks ago, at a doctors appointment, a staff woman, came into the bathroom, and asked if Brad can come out.

A few weeks ago, after church, Brad wanted to go outside to wait on my mother. I wanted to handle bathroom business first, since I had three cups of coffee. Brad refused to enter the restroom. When I exited, now he didn't want to head outside, and started a scream fest.

Security helped block off the hallway. The special needs department was called to help. I tried to bribe him with chips. I also gave him an emergency behavior pill (Thorazine). It took the special needs director's wife, with a 2nd bag of chips, to lure Brad outside. The director and his wife stood with us until my mother arrived.

Back to my point lol. Sometimes, people ask me to leave Brad in the hallway, while I handle bathroom business. Kalen is still young enough for people not to say anything. I'm like nope. Brad doesn't peep thru stalls. He doesn't hit the glass. He doesn't tear up the toilet paper or dryers. He just stands there and waits until I'm done.

Kalen, on the other hand, may play with the paper towels or soap or water.

How do you handle bathrooms, when you have children of the opposite sex, who has to come in the bathroom with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie