Thursday, July 10, 2014

Rumiano Cheese (Pending) Review (Tomoson)


I wanted to review Rumiano Cheese, in exchange for honest review from Tomoson. The company sent free coupons for redemption. I finally found the product today and this post will be updated within a few days. For the blog post, I am going to focus on the benefits and update once I have tried the cheese.

I thought of reviewing the cheese because my sister is a vegan and my nephew is a vegetarian. They love to shop at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. My sister is very health-conscious and also looks for foods without certain dyes, preservatives, chemicals, or additives. Trying to feed my nephew is tricky. He is a veggie, allergic to gluten, and reads the ingredients on labels. I can't eat this because it contains this dye or this, that or the other.

The Rumiano cheese would have been perfect for him and the rest of the family to try. My kids also love cheese.

Benefits of Rumiano Cheese:

One of the first benefits was the cheese is Non-GMO. A GMO is a "genetically modified organism". Products with GMOs can produce better quantity, but not necessarily quantity. According to Rumiano's website, GMO's can cause health problems, in addition to environmental damage.

According to Organic Consumers, foods with GMOS, has linkages to allergies, toxins, diseases, and nutritional issues. Next, since the food is modified, there are no guarantees how the food will react to your body. The foods also may contain pesticides and other chemicals. Not everything is good for you.

The Rumiano Cheese Co has produced the world's first Non-GMO Project verified cheese. The company also makes both natural and organic cheeses.

Types of Cheese

Organic Cheeses

  • Organic Colby
  • Organic Medium Cheddar
  • Organic Mild Cheddar
  • Organic Monterey Jack
  • Organic Mozzarella
  • Organic Pepper Jack
  • Organic Sharp Cheddar
  • Organic Smoked Mozzarella

Natural Cheeses

  • Calico cheese (Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese). 
  • Dry Jack
  • Garlic Jack
  • Habanero Jack
  • Jalapeno Pepper Jack
  • Light Cheddar
  • Light Monterey Jack
  • Longhorn Colby
  • Mediterranean Sicilian Jack
  • Medium Cheddar
  • Mild Cheddar
  • Mozzarella
  • Muenster
  • Original Jack
  • Peppato
  • Sharp Cheddar
  • Smoked Dry Jack
  • Smoked Mozzarella
  • Swiss
The site also has recipes and interesting videos about how cheese is made. I loved the variety of the cheeses and can't wait to cook with them. 


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie