Why Newborn Health is Important to Me?
Save the Children Campaign
- 2 million newborn babies could be saved each year if we ended preventable newborn mortality.
- 1 million babies, who did not survive their first day in 2012.
- 2.9 million babies, who died within 28 days of birth in 2012. The number is four times higher in Africa than in Europe.
- 6.6 million children died from preventable causes before their 6th birthday in 2012. 18,000 children died daily.
- 1.2 million stillbirths in 2012.
- Family Planning
- Treatment of illness
- An increase on ob/gyns, midwives, and other medical personnel.
- Medical care for families, who can not afford to pay out of pocket.