I read Self Confidence: How To Overcome Shyness, Worry And Boost Your Self-Esteem (How To Be Confident, How To Overcome Insecurity, How To Overcome Shyness), in exchange for honest review from Tomoson. The book was written by Anastasia Verg. I received an e-copy of the book.
I wanted to review the book because I do suffer from insecurities, shyness, and self-esteem issues.
Chapter 1 focuses on Shyness. I am a natural introvert and loner. Relating to people is hard work and frustrating at times. If I feel judged or put down, I will push people away, far far far away. The book said shyness is a treatable, mental condition. Verg also provides tips for overcoming shyness such as:
- Changing your appearance helps boost self-esteem and confidence. You can improve hygiene, join a gym, or simply keep nails trimmed.
- admitting you have insecurities. Being honest with yourself about your problems.
- Avoid comparing yourself to others. This can lead to jealousy and unhealthy competition.
- Taking time out for youself.
- Set realistic goals
- Don't keep looking for perfection (I struggle with this)
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.