Monday, June 1, 2015

Dr. Cool Ultimate Volcano Kit (Tomoson)




I received the Ultimate Volcano Kit, in exchange for honest review from Tomoson. The volcano kit was created by Dr. Cool.

The volcano kit comes with an activity guide, the instructions, and materials to make the volcano. (the mold, the eruption powder, and plaster).

The plaster is enough to make 2 Volcanos. I learned the lesson the hard way. I poured the whole bag into my container and started pouring the mixture into the mold. I realized I had enough to make another one, but the plaster was already setting and I was able to make half a volcano with the mixture not set yet.

Once you make the mold, you let it set in the mold for about 2 hours, then move the mold. Then, you put the volcano in a safe spot to set up for 24 to 48 hours. Next, you paint the volcano and let dry. Finally, you pour the eruption powder into the chamber (created with the mold) and add water. You can also had citric acid to increase the lava.

When making the mold, choose a container, which you want to throw away. Also cover your survace in plenty of newspaper or cardboard. Also mix the plaster quick before it sets to be able to pour it into the mold.

I had issues getting the volcano to erupt. I added a little eruption powder and water and nothing happened.

I will upload the rest of my pics tomorrow. I have to upload them off the camcorder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie