Sunday, June 8, 2014

Phonics and Reading with McGuffey for Android and Kindle Fire Review (Tomoson).

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.



I received Phonics and Reading with McGuffey, in exchange for honest review from Tomoson. The app, created by Literacy Soft, is geared towards adult learners; home schoolers; dyslexic readers; and ESL students. I wanted to review the app for my son, who is Autistic and ADHD. He struggles with phonics and reading.  He learns better using technology: computers, DVDS, and his tablet.

Installation:

I received a copy of the Phonics program through an .apk file. I thought the installation would be easy but I was wrong. I have a  Kindle fire, an Android phone, and a Nabi 2 for my son. I did not have enough memory on the Kindle or phone to install the files. I tried for days removing everything I could but even with enough space on the sim card, the files would not install. Then, I remembered the Nabi. The files installed quick on my son's tablet since he doesn't have too many files on there.

Set-Up

Once I installed the file, you can set-up the user profiles. You can set up a maximum of 10 profiles. 

Use

Once I got Brad's profile set-up, you can start the lessons. The app has 54 lessons. The lessons vary by level and activities. Some of the activities include flash cards, illustrations, spelling words, quizzes, and a phonics blender. The app does talk as well. I do recommend using a headset. The lessons was hard to hear at times, even with the volume up. 

Brad enjoyed the lessons. I also liked the lessons when I went through the files after installation. 

Devices


Itunes. Current price 19.99
Google Play Current price 9.99
PC trial version is available for immediate download on the Literacy Soft Website.

VIDEO REVIEW




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie