The magazine is written from a Christian perspective, geared towards young girls.
What I liked about the magazine:
- The calendar for November and December, which provides an activity for your teen to do each day. Smile at the wind. Compliment your mom or dad. Hug a parent. Clean your room. Go to church. Read your bible.
- Page 10 has a description of various charities, looking for volunteers, such as Habitat for Humanity and Compassion International.
- Page 12 has an article, written by Jennifer Metzger about "learning to praise God no matter what."
- Page 20 has an article on deception and discernment, written by Lauren Stycyznski.
- Page 41 has an article called "Seasons greetings from Satan, my year in review." The article was very powerful. "Satan" discussed how he is responsible for manipulation, deception, abortion, destruction, death, and how he removing Christ from Christmas.
- Page 44 has an article called "Postcards from Peru". Kids, who went to Peru, for mission work submitted in their post cards to the magazine.
- Page 57 has recipes. I loved the mini cranberry sticky buns.
Sister Hood on Facebook