Monday, November 11, 2013

Brad's 13th Birthday Party (highlights, pictures, and recipes)


Saturday was Brad's 13th birthday. I started decorating and cleaning up the night before, hoping it would mostly stay clean. When I woke up Saturday morning, someone had taken down some of the decorations. Someone had also messed up the living room. The kitchen was back messy since my sister cooked. So, I have to now re-clean the living room and kitchen, plus add a few more decorations.

My nephew: asked that brat to help: he ran upstairs and hid. I was not cooking anything until I finished cleaning. I also had to go back to the store: Brad and a few others, mostly Brad, ate up the ice cream. I also couldn't find the bowls I bought for the party, in addition to needing ice and to pick up items from Krogers, I have to review. We also went to another store and I got a bundt pan for the tres leche cake. 

I got mostly everything cleaned. I cooked nachos (cheese sauce in one pot, meat in another, since the nephew's a veggie); made a salad; boiled some potatos; hooked up the chocolate fountain; heated up two cans of refried beans; made some corn dip (Go HEB). I also made the Tres Leche Cake ( I love HEB). I also put the silverware and paper products on the table in the front room. Then, I set up the chocolate fountain (sans chocolate) on the hutch in the front room. 

Problems with the party:


  1. My mother started drinking the soda, prior to the food being done because she thinks she a boss (in her own words. SMH). Didn't pay for anything but she a boss.....
  2. My sister and other idiots started eating the ice before the party. My sister also was stealing cucumbers out of the salad. Brad was too. 
  3. The babies (great-niece and nephew) tried to open up the silverware. They also opened up the paper plates and threw them all over the floor. My great niece tried to knock down all the soda, on the other hutch, in the front room. 
  4. My nephew was bugging me, every five minutes, about the chocolate fountain. This was the first time he has ever been a part  of the wonder, which is the chocolate fountain. 
  5. Oh popcorn balls. I bought some popcorn balls, the day after Halloween. Kalen, my yougest, and Sariyah, my great-niece was fighting over the popcorn balls, even though it was plenty of them. I bought two bags. 

As you can tell, people seriously irritated me that day. My mother said why did I invite people to the party, if I was going to get irritated. I told her, if she could go back upstairs and not participate lol. I didn't invite relatives, who live here to the party. :-). Brad had a good time with the chocolate fountain. Poor marshmallows did not have a chance. The whole bag was destroyed. I bought pumpkin spice marshmallows plus regular marshmallows. I had also bought bananas but they did not make it until Saturday. I also used twizzlers and maple cookies for the fountain. 

 Finally, my recipes for the tres leche cake and corn dip.

Corn Dip:

  • Cream Cheese
  • Pico De Gallo
  • H-E-B brand That Corn Relish
  • Mix all together. MM MMM MMM Good. 

Tres Leche Cake

  • 1-2 boxes of yellow cake mix
  • 1 can of condensed milk
  • 1 can of evaporated milk
  • Aluminum foil
  • Whipped cream
  • 1 jar of H-E-B Caramel sauce( for the normal recipe). I forgot to buy the caramel sauce, so I used cinnamon chocolate chips. Or, you can use the caramel flavored condensed milk (mmm mmm good too)
  • Make the cake as normally instructed.
  • Mix the milks and sauce (or chocolate chips) together in a pot. (Turn on the stove first. Put pot on stove). 
  • When cake is done, poke a bunch of holes in it. Pour milk sauce on top, until all of it is in the bundt pan (or whatever pan you are using). Cover with foil. Put in the fridge for an hour or until all the milks have soaked into the cake. Add whipped cream to the top. Enjoy. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie