Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Nabi 2.0

Last week, I went to Wal-Mart for my normal household goods. I wrote a list, but that didn't do me any good. My mission: diapers, wipes, pull-ups, sippy cup with straw, soap, trash bags, diaper pail bags, printer paper, printer ink. I ended up with over 400 dollars worth of items, not including McDonalds. Normally, I spend between 200 and 300 dollars. The Diapers, wipes, and Depends are over 100 dollars.

Diapers: $20 dollars
Wipes: $8.00
Depends: 19.95 a bag times 3 to 5 bags, depending on what's in stock.
Diaper pail bags: 5.00
Trash bags: 5.00
Printer ink: 50 dollars
Printer Paper: 10 dollars
Sippy Cup: 6 dollars or less
Soap: 4 to 5 bottles. 1.28 each.

While I was in the Electronics Department, I asked to see their tablets, but not an Ipad. Even though I have a Mac, I am still a PC at heart. I knew wal-mart had android tablets, which will work with either google play or amazon. I could not get google play on the tablet but I did install Amazon app store.
Nabi 2 Tablet
Nabi 2 Tablet

I had two employees try to shift me to the Ipads, so I said point me to where I need to go, so I can look and price. I saw the nabi box, but no nabi. I asked if they had either the nabi jr or nabi 2 in stock. The employee said no, so I kept looking. I saw one nabi left. It cost me $194 dollars but I thought it could help in certain situations. I had to take Brad with me to WIC (women, infants, and children) the other day. Normally, I would not take him because he acts up and has meltdowns because of the long waits. He sat peacefully and watched videos, played games, and listened to music.

ON THE OTHER FREAKING HAND:

Brad does not want other people to touch it, even though I bought it for me, him, and his brother. I downloaded apps from Amazon, which will appeal to both of them. The nabi already comes with various apps and stuff.

Brad gets mad when it has to charge. Brad will take it off the charger and try to get it to come back on

I sat through a long melt-down today,where Brad hit me because I was showing Kalen how to say his ABCs. Kalen starts school next year and I want him to have a head start, especially on language, since his primary word is EAT. Brad was screaming, punching, hitting.

I have to find new ways to teach Brad how to share and handle his aggression. it will be a long, hard road, but I can't go through a meltdown over something, I thought the whole family can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie