Wednesday, September 11, 2013

#Fall4Mushrooms Campaign (One 2 One Network)

This post was brought to you in part by #Fall4Mushrooms, courtesy of One 2 One network. September is National Mushroom Month. Mushrooms come in different varieties. I know there is Shiitake, Portobello, and wild.  I normally get the sliced, white button,  mushrooms in the store. They are usually white and I toss them in a lot of things. I love mushrooms. I grown to love them more as an adult than when I was a child. I add them to salads and meals.
Mushroom and White Bean Tostada - January Featured Recipe via @Kristen @DineandDish

Some Facts about Mushrooms (paraphrased from email and the website)


Mushrooms are the only fresh veggie, which has Vitamin D

Mushrooms help add flavor and nutrients to your plate.

Mushrooms can be incorporated into any meal, morning, noon, or night. You can make a philly cheese steak or top some eggs with mushrooms. You can make a nice salad. I even saute some tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms. Add a little avocado, salsa, or chicken. That is a good snack or meal. Maybe you can add them to pasta or rice. Check out the Pinterest board for more ideas.

Some recipes I liked from the Pinterest board included the Mushroom and White Bean Tostada;Brie and Cranberry stuffed mushrooms; Mushroom PinWheels; Mushroom Bruschetta; Grilled Mushroom Flatbread. I also liked the Chicken Cordon Blue Sandwiches; The Portobello Mushroom Sandwich (which uses a big portobello as the bun, and tomato and cheese in the middle)

Mushrooms can grow indoors and available year round

Mushrooms can pick up a lot of flavor from other foods.

Mushrooms can be sauteed, grilled, boiled, roasted, stuffed, baked and eaten raw.

Wild mushrooms may be poisonous. It is best to buy from a trusted source.

Social Media:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie