Sunday, May 5, 2013

You are not a Christian because...........


I never understood why people assume Christians are perfect or somewhat close to perfect.


  • You cussed me out last week, therefore, you must not believe in God.
  •  I don't know why you go to church because you used to have sex with random people. 
  • You violently hit me, therefore, you must have the devil in you, and not a follower of God. 


The church is full of sinners. No one is perfect, but Jesus. I do have issues and concerns, which needs improvement, but that does not mean, I do believe in or need the father, the son, and the holy ghost.

Everyone has flaws, concerns, and make mistakes. We all fall short of the glory of God. If the church was full of perfection, there would be no need for Jesus to die on the cross. There would been no need for Adam and Eve to be banished from the Garden of Evil. Eve did not succumb to temptation from the snake. Adam did not partake of the fruit and no, no one hid from God in the Garden. David did not fall prey to voyeurism and spy on Bathesheba bathing, then killed her husband. And Paul, I mean Saul, would not have converted to the side of Christ. Christianity would not exist. Everything would be under the old law or pagan law or some weird law, I don't know anything about, which occurred before Christ.

I am a sinner and I believe in God. I believe Christ died for my sins---the ones  I know about and the ones I do not. I cuss. I fuss. I used to be promiscuous. I lie. I cheated. I been jealous and envious. I wanted to kill a few people. I committed adultery. I stole. I have not honored mother and father. I been lustful and disobedient. I been deceitful. I am not a perfect saint. I am not angelic being. I try to live under the grace, mercy, and love of My Father, who lives in Heaven, honor be his name, his kingdom will come back one day, Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie