Friday, May 3, 2013

What is one thing you completely dislike and why?

This is a hard question. There are a lot of things, which I dislike. People, who pick on special needs kids. Lateness. People, touching my stuff. changing poopy diapers. annoying relatives. weed. dark liquor. apple products. trying to explain celibacy.

But for today, I will focus on kids, who pee in my bed, leaving me to clean my bedding, every other day. I have a nice bed. I splurged on the bed--a nice tempurpedic because I was having back problems. I got the bed in 2011, shortly after giving birth to the youngest and having my tubes tied.  Wish I had gotten mattress covers right away because there was an ink stain. but anyway, currently I have 2 plastic waterproof covers; 2 waterproof mattress pads, 1 non waterproof mattress pad, and a pillow top cover. not to mention, the sheets, blankets, and pillows. 

Somehow, someway, my oldest (Autistic, ADHD, not fully potty trained) finds a way to pee in my bed on a regular basis. My son broke his bed and will sleep anywhere, including my bed. (floor, sofa, etc). My youngest (developmentally delayed) also has a habit of ripping off his diapers (yay me).  Nothing like waking up to the smell of fresh pee and/or rolling over and getting wet. I have a lot of bedding to wash. Of course, I still have to find a way to keep both kids off the bed, until the bedding is dried and the bed is re-made. This requires, lifting the bed up, and putting it against the wall, until everything is washed and dried. 

In the before covers and pad days, I had to literally bleach my mattress. I had to take everything off, including the zippered covers on the mattress. Wash and dry it all. Then, spray the foam mattress directly with clorox to kill the urine smell. I was glad when I walked into Family dollar and saw the plastic mattress pads for $4 dollars each. I am on my second one, since my youngest tore part of the elastic off the first one, but $ 4 is a good deal to keep the mattress pee free. I still use the first one though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie